Through this holiday period, the Mondiale VGL transport teams have been working around the clock in an effort to deliver as many containers as possible. There are however a number of noteworthy challenges which we would like to highlight to you as follows.
- Large volume of container arrivals – In recent weeks we have seen a volume increase of circa 20% when compared to the previous peak period.
- Consecutive short weeks – Attributed to public holidays and half days.
- Labour shortages – Namely due to annual leave, close contacts and isolation requirements.
- Lengthy delays at all stevedores and empty parks – Waiting times exceeding 3-4 hours in some cases.
- Reduced capacity at stevedores and empty parks – Largely credited to significant labour shortages.
We remain focused on minimizing impacts to our container deliveries wherever possible, however despite our best efforts we too are at the mercy of these conditions.
The Mondiale VGL transport team will continue to operate 24/7 in order to support and we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.
Please do not hesitate to contact your local Mondiale VGL representative for any further information or clarification.