As we come into peak season, we felt it timely to remind our valued clients about the conditions and timeframes required for the dehire of containers. The persistent issues regarding empty container management and the difficulties encountered in de-hiring containers have been well publicised in recent times and while Mondiale VGL exercises a far more flexible position than most, we too are not immune from these unrelenting market conditions. Some of the ongoing challenges are:
• Limited operating hours of container parks.
• Empty container park capacity issues.
• Lack of slots to collect or de-hire.
• Constant and last-minute redirections to alternative container parks.
• Lengthy delays.
With these demanding circumstances in play, Mondiale VGL kindly asks that you provide as much time and notice as possible to enable us to effectively position containers on your behalf. Where Mondiale VGL is the nominated container transport service provider, the following requisites apply:
1. At a minimum, Mondiale VGL requires three (3) full working days to collect and dehire empty containers.
2. Where a single public holiday falls in any month, Mondiale VGL requires a minimum of four (4) full working days to collect and dehire empty containers.
3. Where more than one public holiday falls in any month, Mondiale VGL requires a minimum of five (5) full working days to collect and dehire empty containers.
In each scenario, Mondiale VGL should be formally notified that the container is empty and available for collection, either by email or through the OneTrack portal. Regrettably, Mondiale VGL cannot be responsible for any container detention where the communication path and the timeframes outlined are not observed.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact your local Mondiale VGL representative.